Rosecrance New Life offers several different treatment programs to help adults and adolescents recover from substance abuse. The curriculum and approach comes from the Prevention Research Institute.
Adult Aftercare – Most clients completing primary treatment with a moderate or severe substance abuse diagnosis will be referred into this program. This program meets once per week for 1 hour. Maintaining change is the focus of these sessions. A typical recommendation for this program is from 3 to 6 months however a client may continue to attend as long as they like. In most cases there is no charge for this program if the client completed primary treatment at Rosecrance New Life.
Adult Extended Outpatient Treatment (Level I) this program is considered a modified or partial program at Rosecrance New Life. The clients are expected to attend treatment 4 group sessions per week. Treatment groups meet Monday-Thursday from 10:00am until 11:00am, or 5:00pm until 6:00pm. Clients will also have individual sessions with their primary counselor where they review their treatment plans and address other life issues.
Adult Intensive Outpatient Treatment (Level II.I) this program is considered Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP). These clients usually have a moderate or severe substance abuse diagnosis and are attending 4 sessions per week. The days and hours available to them are Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm or from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Family Support Program While the client is in treatment the clients family or support system is expected to be involved at a level specified by the client’s counselor. Family Support education sessions are held throughout the client’s treatment weekly on Tuesdays from 5:00pm-6:00pm.
New Life Outpatient Center’s curriculum and approach comes from the Prevention Research Institute. PRI designed Prime Solutions to close the gap between the acceptance and full implementation of effective treatment methods. Prime Solutions is a substance use treatment program developed in collaboration with several leading addiction experts. The treatment program helps clients diagnosed with substance use disorder make changes in their high-risk drinking and drug use. Prime Solutions is a “flexibly manualized” treatment approach that applies best practices in a unique way.
Prime Solutions does this by:
- Starting with a state of the art training experience, followed by on-line training in best practices.
- Providing treatment session content that is interesting, engaging, and evidence derived.
- Providing the level of protocol-driven standardization state and local agencies need to ensure quality while simultaneously providing counselors with the level of flexibility they need to meet the varied needs of their clients.
- Providing counselors with a unique, media-enriched online manual with all needed content and session-specific training to help counselors implement sessions in a way consistent with evidence-based practices.
- Providing counselors with a non-confrontational approach to treatment that allows clients to maximize their motivation to make changes.
- Providing counselors with print and multimedia tools to help keep clients engaged during the treatment process.
Prime Solutions follows and builds upon Prime For Life by moving clients into the fourth Stage of Change-Action.
Guided by the counselor while using the workbook and video-based discussion modules, your clients learn how to:
- Reduce risks.
- Develop low-risk beliefs and clear standards.
- Gain skills to manage cravings and temptations.
Meet clients where they currently are. Each client is unique. Instead of pushing your client through a “one-size-fits-all” program, meet clients where they are by tailoring Prime Solutions® to them based on their stage of change.
Clients get more out of each session. Counselors present materials that promote more focus and reduce drift away from important topics, increasing the level of information that works towards promoting behavioral change.
Clients feel safe and open to treatment. Because a judgmental or controlling approach is a barrier to change, Prime Solutions® does not moralize or dictate certain behaviors. By using a non-confrontational counseling approach, your clients:
- Are more receptive to the treatment process as they gain lifetime skills for dealing with craving and temptation.
- Experience less resistance.
- Have higher motivation to make behavioral changes.
- Have increased trust and confidence in you to facilitate their own processes of change.